Configure OpenVPN / DoubleVPN on Ubuntu Linux
Configuring OpenVPN client on Ubuntu Linux
- Download config files from your Account page:
- Save file to your PC:
- Run unix console from Applications → Accessories → Terminal:
- Now we need to download OpenVPN binary:
secretsline#secretsline-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install openvpn [sudo] password for secretsline: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following extra packages will be installed: liblzo2-2 libpkcs11-helper1 openssl-blacklist openvpn-blacklist Suggested packages: resolvconf The following NEW packages will be installed: liblzo2-2 libpkcs11-helper1 openssl-blacklist openvpn openvpn-blacklist 0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 195 not upgraded. Need to get 7,928kB of archives. After this operation, 16.3MB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y [installation process] Setting up openvpn-blacklist (0.4) ... Setting up openvpn (2.1~rc19-1ubuntu2) ... * Restarting virtual private network daemon(s)... * No VPN is running. Processing triggers for libc-bin ... ldconfig deferred processing now taking place [email protected]:~$
- Now we need to unpack configs archive and copy them to /etc/openvpn/. Go to your browser Downloads dir ( /home/secretsline/Downloads/ for user secretsline). For another subscribes you need to change archive name ( we used DE-subscribe, so archive called config_de.zip).
[email protected]:~$ cd /home/secretsline/Downloads [email protected]:~/Downloads$ unzip config_de.zip Archive: config_de.zip inflating: DE_SecretsLine.ovpn inflating: cert.dat inflating: vpn-up.sh inflating: vpn-down.sh [email protected]:~/Downloads$ sudo cp DE_SecretsLine.ovpn cert.dat vpn-up.sh vpn-down.sh /etc/openvpn
- Now go to /etc/openvpn/ and run OpenVPN binary:
[email protected]:~/Downloads$ cd /etc/openvpn [email protected]:/etc/openvpn$ sudo openvpn DE_SecretsLine.ovpn Sun Jan 24 12:31:04 2010 OpenVPN 2.1 x86-pc-linux-gnu [SSL] [LZO2] built on Sep 9 2009 Sun Jan 24 12:31:04 2010 WARNING: file 'cert.p12' is group or others accessible Sun Jan 24 12:31:04 2010 Control Channel MTU parms [ L:1541 D:138 EF:38 EB:0 ET:0 EL:0 ] [openvpn log] Sun Jan 24 12:31:10 2010 Initialization Sequence Completed
- All done. Now you are fully anonymous and all of your data encrypted with Blowfish-256.